Losing to Win

Beginning a weight loss journey through food, time, and activity. The plan is to post every few days and honestly portray my efforts. Wish me luck!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Inspiration Comes in the Strangest Ways

As I was playing The Sims 3 today, I decided that the wife of the family I've been controlling should begin working out. I forced her to exercise for about 3 hours each day to improve her Athletic skill.

Then, I looked down. Here I am, forcing some digital character to exercise, while I am sitting in my cushy computer chair, where I spend a large portion of my time. I look at my desk. It is reasonably clean, but there is a dirty ice cream bowl next to me, two empty coffee cups, and a plate that once held a juicy bratwurst. The trash can next to me is home to two empty Oreo packages (that I knocked out single handed in a couple of days), a box that previously held eight cream cheese covered brownies that I again had no help in devouring, and three empty cans of beer.

Who am I to force this poor lady into exercising?

I'm a hefty 282 pounds, and a towering (for a girl) 5' 10". It is time for a change.

I saved and quit my Sims game, strapped on my old, barely touched tennis shoes, and exercised for the first time in months. Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I couldn't finish any of the portions of it, and the video is only 20 minutes long! It hurt, but I'm going to continue. 

It's time to lose, for real this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home