Losing to Win

Beginning a weight loss journey through food, time, and activity. The plan is to post every few days and honestly portray my efforts. Wish me luck!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Good Morning

I rolled over to find my alarm going off. 9 AM. I'm a sleeper. I usually sleep till 11 on weekends. At least. But I punched in the answer to my morning math problem so that I could dismiss the alarm. Every muscle had some sort of ache in it. Legs, arms, chest, back, abs. Somehow, I felt great though! I felt better rested than usual, despite waking up at a normal-person time, and I couldn't wait to get my day started.

My days are so very interesting. I went over to my computer, desk now emptied of the leftovers of junk food past, and starting browsing the Internet. Bored of that, I began playing the Sims again, when a wonderful aroma wafted up the stairs from the kitchen, through the cracks around my door, and into my nose. Coffee. Oh, how I love coffee, and not just for the caffeine. It has a supreme calming, loving effect on me, and I knew that this delightful steamy beverage would be my reward.

I stood up, strapped on my blister-inducing tennis shoes (I think I'm going to get new ones today), and worked out once again. I did better today than yesterday, my jumping jacks had a bit more jump and my butt kicks kicked a little harder.

Post workout, I headed downstairs where I was greeted by a worried looking mother. She looked at me, my hair is up, socks on, glass of cold water in hand. "Uh oh. Is it time to work out...?"

She was relieved that I already had. I'm not sure she was really up to it this morning. I got my reward coffee and a yogurt (Holy crap, Activia Light is delicious!) and rested up. I feel more energized than ever, and it's only day 2!

I have done some thinking though. I need a plan, and somehow my plans always fail, so I'm doing it a bit different this time. Problems:

1. I start off dieting, not exercising.
2. When I start to exercise, my heart really isn't into it and I am always disappointed by slow progress.
3. My diets inevitably crash and burn because I thoroughly deprive myself.
4. I binge on junk food when I think no one is watching.

I'm going to try this a different way.

1. Exercise! I have goals. I want to run an 8K in March. I know it's possible, but it will take work. I can't even run half a mile now.
2. With diet, I am just going to be aware of what goes in my mouth.
3. I'm not going to eat something that I feel my mother would frown at me for.
4. I'm going to eat around people so they watch me and see what I eat. Eating alone is largely what got me into this mess.

I'm 21, nearly 22. This should be the prime of my life, so I'm going to make it that way. In a few short weeks I return to school, move on my own again, and face a whole world of other difficulties. I need a plan.

Oh and I weighed myself for real this morning (yesterday's weight was a guess based on several months ago) and I'm actually 277.2. This is my official starting weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home